Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Living the Dream!

Sitting in my parents Jeep, suitcase packed and ready to start my 2 day journey to Uganda, I am filled with excitement and relief. Finally the never ending list of things is done and I can fully relax and enjoy back-to-back red eye flights, if that is possible.
To begin the journey from Chatham to Toronto I will stop in to have a quick dinner with my Grandparents and maybe one last shower before getting on my 11:15 pm flight.

The last few days have been filled with phone calls and visits of farewell. I wish I could have had time with each one of you, but as I’m sure you know time slips away so quickly. I have been able to steal a few moments of reflection and think back to the first memories I have of the African Children’s Choir. I was just 8 years old when I ventured with a family friend to their concert. I fell in love with those children immediately and wanted to adopt one as a brother or sister. The impact they left on my young heart has transcended all of these years and I am pinching myself that I am now “living the dream”. I not only get to “adopt” 1, but all 22 girls and boys!

Even though there are many uncertainties about next year, I know without a doubt that it will be a life changing experience, for the better. I catch myself fantasizing about what the year will hold and the stories that will become mine. Somehow I know though that my expectations will be blown out of the water. I can’t wait to share them with you.

Thank you all for your support in my life, I do not take it for granted. I will try to update you as soon as I can with my first impressions and experiences in Uganda, Africa!!!

1 comment:

Amanda Seibert said...

a big thanks to rupert for that title :-)
how awesome to see how God has prepared you for this "dream" ever since you were a little girl! can't wait to hear about what He will do IN you and THROUGH you this year!!!